Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Philippines' 7107 Treasure Islands


My approach to adventure before was to travel many parts of the country. After a long wait for my moment to come, without dilly-dallying on that rare priceless break, however chances I may have had, I have visited as many regions in the Philippines as I could. To date, I have already ventured places quite considerably, and have returned in some places at least twice or so. Despite my travels, I sensed there were something still lacking, I wish to go back, if necessary, over and over. Now that I have my own family, travelling can be more fun and meaningful when I do more of that with them.

Of all the destinations I have reached, the landmarks I have seen were typically distinct because of their history, geographic location, and breathtaking sceneries. One of which are still existing old churches constructed during the Spanish Colony way back in the early 1500s. These edifices not only are remarkable in structures, but they also symbolize the breakthrough of Christianity to my country. We can find many of the churches all over parts of the lands, but the ones I saw quite breathtaking are in Ilocos and Visayas Regions. Other religions were introduced to my country way back years before Christianity. Arabs and Chinese traded resources with the Philippines, and most emigrated in Mindanao Island and introduced Islam and Buddhism. Ancestral homes dating back Spanish and American eras, are still preserved and upright in Ilocos Sur, Iloilo, Laguna, Bataan and Cavite.

All the more stimulating and mind-boggling are one of God's finest gifts - the alpine mountains of Cordillera, Cagayan and Bicol Regions. Intricate landscapes of the hills and valleys are imminent displays of Central Luzon, Calabarzon and Visayas Regions. The fascinating spectacle of all active and dormant volcanoes remind us of past events they unfolded. The comforting reverberations of the undefiled waterfalls I have seen are mostly in Cordillera, Calabarzon, Mimaropa and Visayas Regions. The grandiose complex caves and natural tunnels are plentiful in Cordillera, Cagayan, Mimaropa and Visayas Regions. The pristine white sand beaches, sandbars and small bodies of waters are all over Luzon and Visayas Islands. Lastly, the preserved mountainous and coastal territories of the country are sanctuaries to the forest and marine animals. I have yet to see many parts of Mindanao Island though. If time and opportunity permit, I will. Meantime, It's best to just settle on seeing this equally beauteous island through pictures shared on the net.

Combinations of these magnificent mountains, caves, waterfalls and beaches can be seen particularly throughout Palawan. As attested in April 2012 being one of the New 7 Wonders of Nature in the World, the underground river in Puerto Princesa, Palawan, is to die for. As my husband's 46th birthday treat for me, my family and I had the chance to visit Palawan for the fourth time. It may seem quite ironic, but it never ceases to enliven me as if each visit was only my first time. 

In addition, in the recent poll of 2011, being chosen the second best beach destination in the world and the No. 1 in Asia for 2 consecutive years, according to travel website TripAdvisor, can be seen in my country, that is the 4.5-mile long Boracay Island of Aklan Province. 

Equally fine white sand beaches, majestic mountains and islands are abundant in the Philippines. Some have become frequent destinations and settings for the popular reality TV show "Survivor" franchises of Europe. I am proud to say also, that Survivor US chose Philippines as their next plot this fall of 2012 entitled "Survivor Philippines". And all the more exciting, Manila was single-handedly chosen as the main plot by the Producers of the action-packed american movie "Bourne Legacy" shown in August 2012. Philippine Economy, I believe, is now beginning to emerge from its deep slumber.

The lists of admirable destinations in the Philippines go on and on. Appreciation of physical beauty of my country is immeasurable. The rest of recognition is welcome for those who have not seen it yet and wish to come again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment